Welcome to my Alt for Norge Daily Journal!

Welcome everyone to my Alt for Norge Daily Journal!  (If you've made it to this site, you've most likely been directed from my Facebook Fanpage, so you know what this is all about.  If not, read on for more details, or Facebook "Todd Ferris - Alt for Norge" for more details.)
Before this whole reality show thing got started, I knew that I was going to be gone and out of communication from my family for any portion of time between 2 weeks and 10 weeks.  My wife and I decided to each keep a journal of what happened while we were apart.  This would allow me to easily fill her and the rest of my family in on all those little details that I would have typically forgotten.  In return, I would be able to catch up on what happened back here in Indiana as my three year old daughters seemingly grow right before our eyes, as it was going to be extremely difficult to miss out on those daily moments!  That was the original idea behind the journal.  However, now that it's over, I continue to get asked daily about what happened while I was gone.  I decided that it would be easiest if I just post those same entries right here.  Take your time and find out for yourself what it's like to be on a reality show, especially one being filmed in Norway!  Now, for a quick disclaimer:
I've never actually written anything like this before and frankly, I think the last time I've written something to this extent was in college.  With that, I apologize for any basic grammatical errors or lack of basic writing abilities.  I may not have the ability to blow your mind with what I have in these posts, but I hope it does clear up what it was like to be overseas and away from your loved ones, without any communication, for an extended period of time (at least, this is how it was for me).  If I'm missing any details or if you have any specific questions, please feel free to fire those questions at me.  (I tried to be as detailed as I could be with my daily entries, but after a long day of shooting, I tended to short some specifics.)  Also, I apologize, but there are some specific portions of entries that have been omitted.  As much as I would love to share the details on some of the more intimate entries that I left for my wife, I'm going to refrain for now, you sickos!
I hope you enjoy following me along through my journey to Norway!  Thanks for checking it out!


(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

The cast of Alt for Norge (Season 3) with host Henriette Brusgaard.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Todd:

    Hopefully, this will be fun. Go to Pictures 72-76 of my trip to Norway last May/June 2012.

    http://larsonlarsenfamily.smugmug.com/Vacation/Cousins-and-Trolls/22905722_zx3TsN#!i=2315639883&k=M8WFRCS

    Hopefully, you will see someone you will recognize. My you cousin Morten in Oslo found the connection. My wife Patricia is the photographer and she like what she saw in your group.

    Regards,

    Wayne Peterson
    Hillsborough, NC
    waynetpeterson@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wayne,

      That's pretty funny! We noticed a lot of photos being taken of us, but weren't sure if it was our bunads or the cameras following us. I had wondered if we'd ever see some of those random photos again.

      Thanks for sharing that with us!

      Ha det!
      -Todd

      Delete