Day 21 - May 13, 2012 (Episode 3)

Saying goodbye to Mary Caryl.  Because of how late things finished up the
night before, she spent the night at a different hotel in Stavanger, but flew
back to Oslo with us this morning.
Nothing too crazy happening today.  We were up and traveling at 6:30 and after a short flight, we got back to our home base hotel, Hotel 33, at about noon.  Unfortunately, our rooms weren’t quite ready, so we had lunch in their lobby area, followed by some cards.  Along with that, Austin and I made up a bowling game with paper and tape!  It was hard to play, but made for a great way to pass time!  When our rooms were finally made up, I unpacked and then put our soccer ball in my backpack and went for a walk, in hopes of finding a game or field to play on.  Unfortunately, due to it being Sunday, every field had an official practice or game going on, so I ended up walking for about 2 hours.  Halfway through my walk, I stumbled upon a horse track that had some major event going on.  Apparently, they were having a big race that day and it would cost 100 Kroner ($20) to get in.  For the first time, I attempted to use the fact that I was on Alt for Norge to see if I could get something free and sure enough, they let me in!  The race ended up being chariot races, a very strange race, but pretty entertaining to watch!


A free (for me) horse race!  Chariot racing is very interesting to watch!
I'll put a video of it up on my Facebook Fan Page.

After watching a little bit of the races, I continued on my walk, getting back to the hotel around 4:00.  I still had two hours to kill before dinner, so I spent it writing this entry and working on my Norwegian.  During that time, Dana stopped in and we had a pretty good chat.  It was very interesting getting his perspective on how the whole show was unfolding so far and the heat that he was receiving from the crew about his relationship with Tara.  The show had made it quite clear to him that this was a “family show” and they did not want to see him and a married woman having a relationship.  No news on whether or not that line had been crossed, but he definitely was not shy to say how much he liked Tara!

Eventually, we met for dinner and just had pizza delivered to one of the hotel conference rooms and followed that up with some cards.  (However, Jessica and Barbara headed to bed.  Those two don’t seem to stay up very late.)  It was only 9:30 when we finished with cards, so Amy, Johnathan, Mama Christine and I went for a 30 minute walk.  Everyone else went to bed, except for…..you know who.  Who knows where they are!  Anyways, I’m alone in the room for now.  It’s 10:30 and I may actually try to get some sleep.  Gonna go running with Austin at 8:30 tomorrow morning, then a long day of boredom.  Good night!


I love you and miss you, wife!!
 

Day 21 Over!
 

Barbara made everyone some "Alf-strands"
to wear on our flight home!
 

Some interesting reading that Amy found!
 

C.J. getting the "pins" set up for our
bowling game.
 

Austin striking a pose before
throwing his ball.
 

A shot of the Grand Prix and the winner's circle.
 

Not the most beautiful day, but a fun one either way.
 

Looks like a lot of fun!  Maybe we'll get a
chance to do something like this!
 

A shot of one of the workers jackets, so
I knew where I was.


(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! You can seem both my old houses in one of The pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: Tara moved to Hawaii, didn't she? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. She spends a lot of time working back in the continental states, but otherwise is living out in Hawaii with Dana, as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete