Day 22 - May 14, 2012 (Episode 3)

Bowling with the cast!
Today is a “rest” day and lived up to that term.  I woke up to a knock on my door at around 8:45.  Apparently, I was so excited to have no one in the room last night when I went to bed, I forgot to set my alarm and Austin, who I was supposed to be running with, was wondering where I was.  Oops.  I quickly got ready and off we went for a 2+ mile run with a break in between to do some pull-ups on a school playground.  After that, a shower, breakfast, and 2 hours to study before lunch.  At about 1:00, we all got together and went to a local mall to do some shopping, where we found a bowling alley.   Mama Christine agreed to let us all bowl a game on the production companies tab!  Quickly, the competitive side came out of Alf, Austin and myself, and gambling immediately followed.  It wasn’t much, with each of us putting 20 Kroner ($4) down, but it still made the game even more interesting.  It was pretty competitive throughout, with the game being close until the end, when I started to pull away, eventually shutting the door and claiming my money!  (Austin and Alf are definitely the two most competitive people here, bedsides myself.  In fact, they remind me of an older and younger version of myself!)  After the mall, it was back to the hotel for dinner.
Alf showing off his boxing skills!  He has some scary power....but it wasn't
long before an employee came over and showed him up!

We met in the one of our conference rooms again, with food being delivered from a local restaurant that serves all kinds of different types of food.  However, the craziest thing was that the food came with real stainless steel silverware!  Nuts!  Norway has so much money that they deliver actual cutlery with their fast food!  Anyways, after dinner, I went and studied with Alf and CJ for a few hours in another conference room.  It was very relaxed and nothing too crazy, but we still, we all made it a good time.


Not what it seems!  One of the funny things about Norway is the use of
universal bathrooms.  All genders would come to into this area and use
one of the private stalls.  Kind of a strange scenario when you come out
to discover someone of the opposite gender staring at you!

Going to bed around midnight.  A pretty boring day, but probably something we all needed!


Day 22 Over!

 
(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment