Day 37 - May 29, 2012 (Episode 6)

The aftermath of Johnathan and his plane ride!
Today was a “reality” day, which means that we would do really long interviews and generally twiddle our thumbs all day long, all this while the winning team enjoys a special surprise for winning.  Apparently, they got to jump in a small plane and fly all over the area.  (Which included some crazy maneuvers that had Johnathan puking when they landed!)

I started the day off with a nice run in the morning, followed by a quick breakfast.  After that, they did a shot of Jessica and I taking a morning stroll and talking about going into the elimination challenge.  Typically, these things can be tough to do, since you have to try to keep a conversation going for a long time, so that the film crew can get a lot of footage, but we handled it pretty well.  I’d say, at this point, I get along best and easiest with Jessica, Alf and Austin.  There just seems to be a better connection with those 3 than the others.  I could see staying in contact with everyone from the show, but those are the 3 that I would definitely consider going to visit after this is all said and done.

After the walk, we took turns doing interviews.  Jessica went first and was gone for about 90 minutes.  Because she’s been on the losing team every episode, but is still standing strong, they’re really following that story line.  After she finished up, I interviewed for about 45 minutes, then C.J. for 30 and Tara for 30.  Then, lunch.


C.J. getting his shopping on in the candy shop!
After lunch, we met up with the other team and did another staged shot of Alf, C.J, Johnathan and myself shopping at a local grocery store.  It had been a long day already and I was not in the best mood due to losing yesterday, so I didn’t bring a whole lot of energy, but got through it.

After that, they filmed both teams walking around an old trading post and talking with a local historian.  Then, it was dinner time.  Funny thing was that I just spent my interview earlier today complaining about all the salmon we’ve been eating and wouldn’t you know it, there we were having salmon for dinner!  Bah!
Austin showing how the portable toilets
worked back in the day!

The combination of a long, boring day and our team wanting to get some extra sleep before our competition had everyone in bed early.  Big day tomorrow!

 

Day 37 Over!
C.J. looking like Oliver Twist.


Our tour guide for the day.


We took a walk later that day and ran into this
beast of an animal!  Everything was fine until
he looked me in the eyes from about 10 meters
away and gave me that, "I'm about to mess you up!"
 

Pretty scenic view coming back from our walk!


(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment