Day 64 - June 25, 2012 (Episode 10: The Finals!)

Today was a strange day, but ended on a really high note.

We got started by leaving for the airport at 10:00 in a car with Mama Brita and Mama Ane.  When we got to the airport we found out the crews bus got stuck!  The crew was desperately scrambling for a means of transportation to travel the hour here!  My mom and I headed into the airport, while Brita and Ane scrambled.  Fortunately, everything worked out and we watched the crew members slowly roll in, right before we boarded the plane.

We got back to Oslo around 2:00 p.m. and just happened to get there as Jessica was checking in to fly back to the states.  (Johnathan and C.J. had left the day before, but Jessica stayed another day for a very special reason.  Turns out that Jason, her boyfriend, had been planning to pop “the question” to her and was going to fly over to do so.  Every time Jessica was in an elimination challenge, Jason would get word from the Producers and pack his bags in preparation, which was pretty much every week!  Finally, when she was ultimately eliminated, he flew over and surprised her on the steps of the Opera House!  What a great idea!)  She gave us the entire story on how the engagement went.  Pretty cool how it all unfolded, plus the magazine who recorded it put them up for a night in a nice hotel, including a nice dinner, which is why they were here an extra day.  The only bad thing, which is pretty funny, is that they had to fly home separately, due to the way their flights were arranged!  Ha!  That sucks!

After seeing her and saying goodbye again, we all headed back to the hotel to drop my Mom and I off.  They put us up in two separate suites at The Grand Hotel, one of the most prestigious hotels in Oslo!  Plus, they topped it off by saying, feel free to eat, drink and do what you want.  It’s all on TV Norge!!  Sweet!  When I know someone is paying for something, I usually try to keep my portion down, but in this case, I think I’m going to let loose and take full advantage of it!

I said a temporary goodbye to the crew (they were going to have a closing dinner/party tonight and I was invited) and then my Mom and I headed to our rooms to relax.  We knew that we had the rest of the day today and all day tomorrow to do any sightseeing or shopping, so for now, we each needed some good rest.  I got to my room, which was incredible and much more than I needed, and decided to take advantage of my situation!  I don’t know if I’ve ever actually taken out anything from a mini-bar, but it was on!  I grabbed a drink and some snacks, ordered a movie and then called room service!  What a great way to travel!!


The after-party at Tilt!
The after-after-party. It's so weird to be finishing up the night in the bright sun!
At 6:00 and even though I wasn’t hungry, my Mom and I went out for dinner.  We went to one of my favorite city areas, down by the pier, and had dinner.  We followed dinner up with a walk around town for 30 minutes or so.  We returned to our rooms around 9:00 and I spent the next hour watching a little TV, having a couple drinks from the mini-bar and calling you on the hotel phone!  Why not?!  At a little before 10:00, I headed out to meet up with the crew.  They had a private room at a nice restaurant.  As soon as I walked in, they gave me a round of applause!  It was really great!  We then spent the next two hours drinking, hanging out, and listening to speeches by Kristofer, Henriette, and Marianne.  After that, almost everyone went to our favorite bar, Tilt, for the after-party.  We hung out there for about 3 hours and had an incredible time!  Then, when the bar told us they were closing down, we made the decision to go to Marianne’s flat for the after-after-party.  We all jumped in cabs and ran to a couple of their flats to gather alcohol.  Eventually, about 10 of us made it to her flat around 4:00 a.m..  We spent the next two and a half hours drinking, partying and dancing.  At about 6:30, it was time to call it a night (morning) and get back to the hotel.  I hugged everyone goodbye, snapped some really good photos and jumped in a cab, hitting the sack at around 7:00 a.m.!  It was the absolute perfect way to end it!  Couldn’t have asked for anything better (other than having the rest of the cast there, as well as you!)!


 

Day 64 Over!!

Director Kristofer giving his final speech!
 

Production Manager Marianne giving a
special surprise to Production Assistant Kim!


Henriette saying thanks to the crew for
putting together the best season of Alt for Norge!
 

A look at part of the crew celebrating
a great season of Alt for Norge!
 
 

The competitions continued, even after the show
was over.  We split into two teams and guess
whose team won?!

 

(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment