Day 65 - June 26, 2012 (Episode 10: The Finals!)

Today is my last full day in Norway!  I’ve been gone from home for 65 days and in Norway for 60 of those.  It has been an absolutely amazing journey and will always be one of the greatest experiences of my life!  I’m so happy I did this, but at this point, there’s nothing I want to do more than go home!  Just got to make it through one more day!

We had a nice start to the day and had lunch with Mama Brita and one high-up rep from TV Norge.  It was a nice lunch, but was mainly their way of reminding me of the rules for when I get home.  (No telling anyone how I or any others did!)  Then, I followed that up by continuing my spending spree (of their money) and getting my first-ever massage.  I opted for the most expensive one they had and had a hot stone massage!  It was 90 minutes long and was completely awkward at first.  Not ever having had one before, I wasn’t sure how things were supposed to work, so my masseuse had to give me directions on what to do.  Then, to have a stranger touching you in different areas of your body, especially with oils, was really weird!  About half way through, I had to remind myself to just relax and enjoy it. Finally, I started to see why people do this and pay so much for it.  I think it’s definitely something I would experience again, but not if I’m paying for it!

After the massage, it was back to the room for another movie and more room service!  Eventually, I met up with my Mom for dinner.  I apologized to her that we weren’t doing any sigh-seeing and felt really bad we weren’t, but I just spent the last two months sight-seeing and was completely mentally and physically drained!  She completely understood and was okay with it, which made me feel much better.  We had a nice dinner and then it was back to the rooms.  One more movie and a long phone call to you and it was time for bed.  We had to leave at 3:30 in the morning to get to the airport and it was already 11:00!  I was so excited to be home and see you guys that I struggled to fall asleep, but eventually made it happen at around 12:30.  My last full day in Norway is over.  I will soon be home!!

 

Day 65 Over!




(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment