Day 15 - May 7, 2012 (Episode 2)

Today was a travel day.  The plan was simply to take a bus back to Oslo, about a six hour drive.  We got going at about 10:00 and after a few extra stops, made it back about 4:30.  After that, we all ran to the mall real quick and when we got back to the hotel, Austin and I took a 2-mile run with a stop halfway through at an elementary school playground to do some pull-ups!  (Kind of awkward, but we made the best of the situation.)  After running, I showered up and met everyon for dinner.  We were able to go to Hotel 33 (our Oslo hotel) and it’s restaurant.  Great food!  Plus, all the staff know us as the cast of Alt for Norge, so we get a little more of the star treatment, which is weird, but I’m happy to take full advantage of it!

After dinner, myself, Alf, Dana, Barbara, Austin, CJ and Johnathan went to play cards and have asome drinks.  I bought us a bottle of whiskey, which is about three times more expensive than in America, but Dana shared his Crown Royal with the group, so I figured it was my turn.  Good times were had and we hung out for about 2 hours, then off to bed.  Alf and I were roommates for the night, which was good with me.  It was a little strange sharing a smaller queen size bed with a man Alf’s size, but he’s really easy to talk to, so we made the best of the situation.  Tomorrow, we head out again.  Not sure where, but we were told it involves a plane ride!


Since we had a short entry today, I thought I’d give a quick update on my thoughts on everyone in the cast and how they’ll finish, behind me of course!

1)      Austin – Much smarter than I originally gave him credit for and is definitely in shape and a threat in any physical challenges, although, I don’t know if he’s an “athlete”.

2)      Tara – Proving to be very well educated!  Just like Austin, she’s definitely in shape and may be a threat in physical challenges, but again, not sure if she’s an “athlete”.

3)      Alf – Seems very smart and very strong.  I wonder about his conditioning though, if it comes down to a physical/endurance challenge.

4)      C.J. – Probably my biggest surprise so far!  Turns out he’s the youngest here (I think), but probably the smartest!  He may struggle in physical activities, but will kill it in anything mental!

5)      Dana – He’s surprised me as well.  He’s proven himself to be very smart and a pretty good athlete.  I would be surprised if he’s in good shape though.  Plus, he’s taken the least amount of time to learn the language.

6)      Johnathan – Definitely knows the most Norske and facts about Norway, but doesn’t seem to be the best athlete here.  Although, he’s much better at the physical activities than I originally gave him credit for.

7)      Barbara – Very smart and well educated, but age and conditioning may play a factor, when we get a physical challenge.

8)      Jessica – She’s in shape and very smart, but has mentioned several times that she doesn’t like the “competitive” aspect of some of the cast members.  I think that lack of competitive drive may hinder her.

9)      Amy – Seems very smart, but seems to have some kind of ankle injury from the skiing competition.  That may come back to haunt her.

10)   Mary Caryl – Very educated!  Knows a lot of facts and is doing pretty well picking up the language.  She’s already proven that physical challenges are going to be very hard for her.  I could be wrong though.


DAY 15 OVER!!


(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

2 comments:

  1. I know one of the chefs at hotel 33 come to think of it. I'll tell her about the food! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do! That place was incredible!

    ReplyDelete