Day 4 - April 26, 2012 (Episode 1)

Today was a travel day and a long one at that!  I ended up staying up late and sleeping in, which was a mistake, since it would have been nice to sleep on the flight.  Either way, I woke up at 9:30, got a quick breakfast, worked out and was dressed, packed and ready by 12:00.  We all met briefly for details on our flight and then had lunch together.  After lunch, we were off.  Girls on the first shuttle, guys in the second.

At the airport and after a brief waiting period, we were able to board the plane.  We flew on a huge Lufthansa and I ended up sitting in front of Alf and next to Jessica.  From the flight, I’m really getting to like Alf more and more.  He’s very interesting and really funny and has the loudest sneeze ever!  He actually sneezed mid-flight and I noticed a stewardess about 15 rows up, jump!  Impressive!  Jessica’s turning out to be pretty cool as well.  She's had a very interesting life!
The flight was about seven hours, of which I was able to get about one hour of sleep.  I did watch two movies,  including "The Descendants".  (Spoiler alert!)  If you haven't seen it yet, the whole thing ends with a Dad and his two daughters sharing some ice cream on a couch, watching TV.  Not the most dramatic scene, but for a father who is leaving his two daughters behind for what could be a lengthy time, it was pretty emotional!  It's only been a couple of days away and I'm already fighting back tears just thinking about them.  After that, I had to keep myself distracted, so while everyone else slept, I used my extra time to start studying up on the Norwegian language, using the books that I had overnighted to me at the Newark hotel.  I haven't studied a lot of languages, but Norwegian seems to be somewhat difficult to pick up.  Better stay at it!

Day 4 Over!


(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment