Day 8 - April 30, 2012 (Episode 1)

Today was our “meet the press” day, along with our first day of rest.  All-in-all, a crazy and long day to start and a fun and too short of a night to finish.

The fun of the day started with a shorter night of sleep, due to some noisy sleepers (I and Alf) and an early sun (dang you, sun of Norway!).  Then, because I got up early and have been so pent up lately, I decided it would be good to take a run.  I asked the hotel attendant for a map of the area so I could run a 5K.  She gave me what might be the worst map ever!  Suffice it to say, I went for what should have been a 30 minute run at most, but it became almost an hour and a half by the time it was over.  I had run all over the outskirts of Oslo and had asked for directions from at least 10 people, all with different ideas of where I should go.  Finally, after zig-zagging all over, I lucked out and ran into the hotel (after just passing it two times before).  It was pretty adventurous and made for a good story, but it was a little nerve-racking at the time, considering that I could have been completely lost on my first day in Oslo!   Definitely something I’ll remember though!
I forget the name of this place, but it was a pretty nice restaurant on the
top of an Oslo mountainside that was the home to our "Press Day." 
After getting back and having a good breakfast, we left for our interviews with the press.  We drove up to some high-end restaurant at the top of a mountain outside of Oslo.  It was pretty cool and had “neat” food (meaning very pretty, but not the most filling or tasty).  We ended up meeting with five different reporters, had several interviews, several group photos and several individual photos.  It was pretty interesting to see how it worked and to hear the questions.  Definitely, a different experience!  (The most interesting part for me was trying to take an interview seriously, all while having Mary Caryl doing some kind of upside-down splits in the background for another reporter!)
Had a lot of downtime waiting to be interviewed,
which allowed time for more story telling over
plenty of bottles of Farris water.  (Farris people,
I'm available for spokesman roles!  Just have
your Farris people call my Ferris people!)
 
Five hours later, we were done with the press. We returned to the hotel and had a little downtime, which several of us spent going to a local mall.  Nothing like acting like a teen again and wasting time at the mall!  Eventually, we got back and met for dinner at 7:00.  It was a fun dinner and an incredible steak!  Then, some of us stayed after with Mama Brita to watch a soccer game on TV.  It was a good time and we had several drinks, but I felt bad since I spent much of the game telling Brita on some rule changes that would make soccer more fun to watch!  Apparently, that doesn't go over so well with a true soccer fan! 


After the game, we went down to one of our hotel rooms for more drinks.  Eventually, next thing you know, 10 of the 12 of us (everyone except Mary Caryl and Jessica) were enjoying drinks and stories!  It was the first time that all of us (mostly) would hang out and really let loose.  The highlight of the night had to be an inebriated Johnathan telling a detailed account of Norwegian history to Stephanie.  It was very humorous to watch!  I hope we have this time off after filming each episode and use it to hang out just like this!




The group hanging out on our first night in Oslo!
Good drinks, good people, good times!
Finally, we all decided it was time to go to sleep. A great night after a long day. Good times! Relationships growing stronger with Austin and Dana. Still love me some Alf and Barbara. Pretty much growing to love everyone!

Day 8 Over!
 

A shot from inside the "Press Day" location.
 

Alf and I in front of an animal that
he did not kill.


More live action scenes from Press Day.
A weird day!
 

Dana, looking so regal!
 

This is my stalker photo of Tara.  I just thought
it was funny how the photographer was
making her pose.
 

You've now discovered my secret for being so sexy!
 

A view from our interview site!  Not a bad look at Oslo!
 
 
Austin and I checking out the latest
technology at the mall!
 

The balcony of Hotel 33.  Great views!
 

I don't typically take photos of food, but this
would turn out to be one of the best steaks I've
ever had!  (Maybe it just tastes better because
it wasn't food out of a tube!)


(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

2 comments:

  1. Interestingly enough: Hotel 33 is pretty much in the middle of Oslo. In one of the most heavily populated areas, Groruddalen (Grorud Valley).

    Also: The resturant for the press-day is located in a place called Grefsenkollen. Nice place, my sister-in-law got married there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that press place was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete