Day 9 - May 1, 2012 (Episode 1)

Today was our first official day off, which just happened to correspond with Norway’s Labor Day, which unfortunately meant all stores were closed and there wasn’t much to do.  However, we were still able to have a fun and restful day.

To start, I was able to get about seven hours of sleep, which was my first good night of sleep since I got here, followed it with a great breakfast, and then headed out for a walk.  I spent about an hour and a half seeing the sights, but really hoping to find a soccer game to join in on.  I was unsuccessful, but did find several areas to play with the group (I convinced Mama Brita to bring the group a soccer ball for our downtime.  Apparently, this hotel will be our common home during down time, so it should come in great use.)  After the walk, I did about a half hour of studying and then we had lunch as a group.  Following some TV time, nine of us got together for group yoga led by Jessica.  As all yoga goes, it was weird and not my thing, but its fun to experience different things, so who knows, I may try it again.  We’ll see.
Following yoga, the rest of the day was spent eating, studying or hanging out with parts of the group.  I even taught them how to play “Up and Down the River” (a Ferris family card game).  The card game was interesting, since it started to give me some insight into the competitive levels of some of the other cast members and the abilities to figure out strategies as well as problem solving.  For instance, you could really see the competitive nature of Austin.  He was hell-bent on winning a game he'd never played before and was also pretty quick to pick up the game.  Same goes for CJ.  He was impressively quick to pick up the game.
Overall, a good day and I feel well rested!  Ready to go into Episode 2!

Day 9 Over!


(Expand the "Blog Archive" to the right to find additional entries.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment